Friday 12 August 2016

Fantasy Unicorn Tag


Autumn Clark here with my kickoff post.  I have been so excited to get my hands on the Jewel unicorn stamp!  I have made several projects, but can only share one today.  Check back often for more inspiration.  This stamp was so much fun to work with because your mind instantly gets carried into the realm of fantasy and wonder when you ink it up.  Today I thought I would share a mixed media tag with you using some fun background techniques with IndigoBlu’s exquisite line of paints & new Unicorn Sparkle glitter. 


I lightly mixed Park Lane and Snow White Metallic paints and scraped across a black tag with a plastic card.  I chose this technique because I really wanted my black background to show through.  While the paint was wet, I dropped a bundle of metallic string onto my tag.


Next, I mixed 1 part Unicorn Sparkle with 1 part Super Thick Slap It On together and scraped through the Stars stencil with a palette knife.  The reason I mixed it together rather than sprinkling it over the wet Slap It On was to avoid getting glitter everywhere.  If you love glitter, but hate the mess, do try this technique.


I allowed the Slap It On to air dry, while I worked on my other elements.  I stamped Jewel onto heavy card with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I added some shading with a colored pencil.  Then I added a small amount of the same paints with some water and painted her as shown, overlapping the edges to allow for cutting.


When my tag was dry, I doodled around some of the stars with a permanent black pen.  Then I bundled Jewel with some purchased flowers, a die cut, and some gathered tulle to create my focal point.  I used pure white embossing powder over a wooden cutout for the main sentiment, and computer generated the lower text.  I mixed some tiny black beads with my Slap It On and brushed that randomly over my tag and flowers.  A few sequins and a bow completed the look.


You can see the Unicorn Sparkle reflects so many colors.  But if you rub it when mixed with Slap It On in paste form, it does not come off.  I hope you’ve been inspired today and would love to hear your comments. 



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Tag Autumn, love the colours and sparkle, Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such marvel! I love the black against the unicorn, so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A glamorous, sparkly background sets off that beautifully painted unicorn image! Great tip on mixing glitter with the paste to reduce glitter puff around the house...I'm definitely going to give that a try! Great introductory post, Autumn! Congratulations! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous tag and such a great start you have made here! Thanks for the handy tip about mixing the Unicorn sparkle into Slap It On - I usually make such a mess when sprinkling glitter!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Love the colours, the layout and the sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely inspired me with this beautiful and magical creation Autumn, I wish I had that star stencil now to use with my new Unicorn Sparkle! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZing !! The unicorn and sparkling stars make it magical !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid texture and deep colors, which male the unicorn glow! Fantastic mixed media tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing, Autumn! I love the glitter but hate the mess - thank you for that tip! I love your colors on the black tag - very striking, especially with all of your embellies. Congrats on your kickoff project - it's so fun and inspiring :-)

    ReplyDelete