Saturday 26 November 2016

Sparkle


It is Cec here and today I have my second inspiration project for you based on the Bonfire Night theme.  Our lovely DT Leader, Elizabeth, gave those of us who live in countries that don't celebrate this event the following things to consider:
  • Lots of bright coloured fireworks going off, bonfires and starry skies
  • Family gathering and celebrations
  • The word "sparkle" for fireworks called sparklers
  • Lots of bright colours such as an explosion of colour using butterflies, flowers, birds
Since I did a card with fireworks in a night sky as my first project, I decided to go bright this time.  I started with some yellow card stock for my blank.


I dug out some Watercolour card and painted it with a coat of Lemon Meringue Matte Acrylic paint.  Then I added Mulbery Bush, Burning Bonfire and Postbox Red Matte Acrylic paint through a TCW stencil called Mini Burst.  Despite every effort, it still bled under the stencil and I was about to toss it when I restrained myself and grabbed a baby wipe and pulled the colour from the centre out.  I love the way that looks now and thought it was a great save.  The burst reminds me of fireworks - OK, so a bit of a stretch maybe but that's my story and I am sticking to it.


I stamped two each of three different flowers from the Live, Laugh, Love stamp set onto some scraps of white card stock with Versamark and then embossed it with Recollections Gold embossing powder.


Once dry I fussy cut the flowers and painted them with Postbox Red, Lemon Meringue and Mulberry Bush Matte Acrylic paint.  The flowers were then shaped by cutting into sections and bending or curling the petals before layering them.


I die cut some leaves from Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered Collection and a Tim Holtz set called Garden Greens and then coated them with Gold Luscious mixed with a bit of water.


Finally, I stamped the word Sparkle from the Sparkle and Glisten stamp set onto some of the yellow card stock with Vermillion Archival Ink and then distressed it with my scissors and inked the edges with Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink.

I sure hope I have done the Bonfire Night theme justice with this very bright card - I had lots of fun making it.




3 comments:

  1. So bright and pretty Cec, and the background works wonderfully with the beautiful flowers and leaves. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Cec, I love the rich colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete